Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Punch in the Gut

Christmas went well! His job is going well! Over 60 days clean and sober! I'm thinking all is merry and bright.

Then today punched me in the gut and I was right back to reality. It wasn't  something he did though, which is always nice.

He has random court ordered drug testing days. He has to call a number every day and if it says get drug tested then he had darn well better get drug tested. Today he had to get tested. I told him I would take him since there is still a problem with the payment process and the whole insurance mess. I wanted to ask certain questions that I knew Kenny would never get all the answers to. He wouldn't remember the answers anyway.

So we (Kenny, myself, and Lily) walk into the office. Kenny says he's there for a drug test, signs a paper and walks away. He didn't ask one question about payment, not one.

So I step up to the window. I start rambling off a bunch of questions and the guy looks right at me and says "kids can't be in here" I look at Lily who is right beside me. "we have registered sex offenders in here"

What was I thinking! I wasn't! It never once dawned on me! I then scanned the room to see who was looking at my daughter. What were they thinking!?!

I felt sick. I just wanted her out of there. I dont' want to have to do this. I don't want this kind of atmosphere to be our reality. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie! I've been thinking about you and wanted to say hello. Hope things are going as well as can be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need a break, even if it's just a cup of tea and an hour of light reading. Let yourself breathe a little. Of course you didn't think of that; most people wouldn't, because that's not how most people think. You're doing great.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it isn't one thing, it's another.

    I feel like there must be a conspiracy to keep you from enjoying life.

    Blessings and Bear hugs through 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob-bear this is just another part of my life. We are mostly upbeat and happy. Once I get over that first shock of a new experience I hit it at full speed and keep going.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy comments and hearing from new people but if you are here to complain or challenge my personal thoughts and feelings go elsewhere. How is that for blunt!