Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Psych Ward

Here we come. Well at least Kenny.

The doctor, who looks like he's 17 years old, blue slipped Kenny. The hospital now has control of my son's well-being and he has to do whatever they say.

I warned the "doctor" that I would not be the one telling Kenny that he was going to the psych ward and whoever did tell him should have security on stand by and a sedative ready. I explained that when Kenny got angry at the doctors last time he ripped equipment out of walls and threw a one of the ten men trying to hold him down into a light fixture in the ceiling.

I also told this now wide eyed looking kid that after Kenny is given the overdose of sedatives because he looks like a red hulk with his neck veins popping and eyes bulging that he will sleep the next three days, while he racks up a whooping bill, then I will get a phone call (the first in three days because there is no contact period) and they will tell me to come and get him so he can go home. Go home with no therapy, no intervention, no advice because some person with a medical degree that doesn't give a rat's ass about by son made a decision about his life after talking with him for 5 minutes.

And the cycle starts all over. 

In the meantime I have left a rather nasty message with my son's probation officer who doesn't feel it is necessary to call me back because Kenny is an adult; even though I said in the 1st message that there was a situation with Kenny. Seriously if you had a mother willing to give you information about one of your mentally ill probation clients would you return the call? The second message was a little more clear when I mentioned that Kenny would not be going to his mental health court or probation appointments any time soon as he was in ICU and there was a good chance he might be dead before his court date in July. I told "AGENT E" that if he wanted to come and find Kenny and throw him in prison for not showing up to these appointments to go for it. Out of the weekly appointments that Kenny has had with this man since about September "Agent E" has shown up maybe 10 times. Kenny has never missed an appointment where he has not had an excuse which he has called before hand and gotten approved. Kenny calls every week when this guy doesn't show up. The agent will tell Kenny he will do things but doesn't and won't even return Kenny's calls so why should I feel bad. I'm just overall pissed today.

On the flipside I am thrilled for my nephew Tony Watson who pitched in his first ever major league baseball game tonight and struck out his 2 batters. So happy for him. Just wish his mom were alive to see the thing they dreamed about forever.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so sorry for Kenny. I do hope he can get some significant help. REAL help.

    Mental health care can be abominable. Fortunately, when two members of our family had problems (at different times) and ended up in hospital, we received very competent care, initially and in follow up.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy comments and hearing from new people but if you are here to complain or challenge my personal thoughts and feelings go elsewhere. How is that for blunt!