Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mental Illness Goes With You on Vacation

Who Knew!?! I was secretly hoping it would stay at home while we went away.

Hubby, myself, Kenny and Lily went for a quick 3 day get away to San Diego. We needed to get away from EVERYTHING (including Bi-Polar Disorder), but that was not to be.

Kenny had a great time and was grateful to us for taking him. It was good to be together and see his smile. His BPD was still there though; his restlessness, his inability to be in crowed places, his inappropriate spitting, his need for things...

I so wanted all that to go away for just a while both for him and for me.


Making mom happy!

Kenny with his favorite animal the wolf.

Kenny and a childhood friend that moved to California.

Scared to see the whales!
 
Kenny loved the front of the boat ~ he is in the gray pants.

We saw 2 mama gray whales and their baby calves - well if you call 18' a baby!

Also lots of dolphins and sea lions.

2 comments:

  1. i enjoyed getting a peak into your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took the bipolar on holidays. Well, I guess that would be a "par for the course" experience. Sadly.

    I would be so nice to get away from that, at least for a little time.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy comments and hearing from new people but if you are here to complain or challenge my personal thoughts and feelings go elsewhere. How is that for blunt!