Friday, February 18, 2011

Hello - Are you Okay?

I have noticed that the blog writings of individuals with mental illness have slowed down. I am hoping it is just because the weather sucks and you're all cuddled up in a blanket watching t.v. or reading a book. That's what I do when the weather gets me down.

I know a one of you went on vacation ~ lucky...

I do know that two individuals are going through rough times. I continue to read and send well wishes and prayers.

The rest of you just say hi so I know you're still around.

Kenny is doing well today. He wrote an amazing poem. It is so him.

Jeff, my hubby and Kenny's dad, is doing well. He is moving slow, but he is moving. He will start blood tests in two months to see if there is any sign of more cancer. This has definitely been a life changing experience for us. Both Jeff and I would like to be in better health. We want to be around to see our children get married and have children of their own. I need to be around for both Kenny and our daughter Lily, who has Down syndrome. We need to get things in order; will, special needs trust, living will. All these things should be and will be done.

Life is unknowing. I am ready and wanting to be prepared for whatever comes my way.

5 comments:

  1. I continue to send you my best wishes as well. I hope the days to come will be better for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one here with the mental illness — Bear — is hibernating. I'm just looking after things while he's gone, and don't have much to say.

    Hope you and Jeff are doing much better, really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I dropped off the map for a couple of weeks. I am glad to hear things are going better

    ReplyDelete
  4. And some of us who are emotionally and mentally challenged can only say the same thing in so many ways. I'm looking for different stories to tell, and spending time supporting others who are going through lots of "stuff" in their lives.

    Hope you and Jeff keep getting better. And that you get important documents written. (We've just updated ours.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a return visit to catch up.

    I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy comments and hearing from new people but if you are here to complain or challenge my personal thoughts and feelings go elsewhere. How is that for blunt!