October 27th at 7:00p.m. KUED (I believe channel 7 throughout Utah) will be telling "the powerful story of people in Utah living with severe mental illness and their struggle in a world that often turns away. It is titled "On the Edge."
Immediately following that at 8:00p.m. is a follow-up program with community experts and resources.
Then on November 4 from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. at the University of Utah Union Building (200 S. Central Campus Drive, SLC, UT 84112) is the NAMI Utah Annual State Conference.
Speakers will be:
- Duane Cardall - "My Two Sons: A Divergent Medical Experience"
- Noel Gardner, MD, MDiv - "Finding True Healing"
- Gary Burlington, PhD - "Measuring Recovery"
- Leon Evans "A Focus on Community Living"
- Brian Miller, PhD "Finding Peace in Chaos"
- plus topics on Grief, Metabolic Syndrome, Alcoholism and Mental Illness, Community-based options for youth, Community-based Programs for the Uninsured, Raising a Mentally Healthy Child of Color, Crisis Intervention Teams (CIT) for Youth