Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Utah HAPPENINGS

I will be listening to a lot of people talk in the next few weeks. If you are in or around Utah you can join in on the listening.

October 27th at 7:00p.m. KUED (I believe channel 7 throughout Utah) will be telling "the powerful story of people in Utah living with severe mental illness and their struggle in a world that often turns away. It is titled "On the Edge."

Immediately following that at 8:00p.m. is a follow-up program with community experts and resources.

Then on November 4 from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. at the University of Utah Union Building (200 S. Central Campus Drive, SLC, UT 84112) is the NAMI Utah Annual State Conference.
Speakers will be:
  • Duane Cardall - "My Two Sons: A Divergent Medical Experience"
  • Noel Gardner, MD, MDiv - "Finding True Healing"
  • Gary Burlington, PhD - "Measuring Recovery"
  • Leon Evans "A Focus on Community Living"
  • Brian Miller, PhD "Finding Peace in Chaos"
  • plus topics on Grief, Metabolic Syndrome, Alcoholism and Mental Illness, Community-based options for youth, Community-based Programs for the Uninsured, Raising a Mentally Healthy Child of Color, Crisis Intervention Teams (CIT) for Youth
There is a cost, but well worth it. Kenny will be joining me for the NAMI conference and hopefully will join me when I watch the T.V. show. Tonight though Kenny went to the Utah symphony to listen to The Haunted Symphony. I hope he enjoys it.

1 comment:

  1. So did he enjoy the haunted symphony?

    Thanks for the head's up on the TV programs! ;D I'll try and catch that.

    My anniversary is NOV 5 and my husband always plans something. I've got to try to get out of him WHAT and WHEN before I can commit to the NAMI event. I'll let you know! ;D

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy comments and hearing from new people but if you are here to complain or challenge my personal thoughts and feelings go elsewhere. How is that for blunt!